Subject: Thanks, was: 100BaseT Cards?
To: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/28/2000 13:25:48
That was fast.  I've got 2, maybe 3, cards that should work and
confirmation that I can't just assume anything from port-i386 will
work without effort.

Cliff:  do any of your not-working cards overlap with the reported
working ones?  It would be interesting to see if we can confirm your
suspicion that the problem was in the PCI support code.  I'm looking
at [78]500 machines myself.

The last time I remember a report on the list someone had something
*almost* working, but not quite.  I assume anything that works on
port-i386 should be fixable with a minimum of effort, but it's nice
to see I shouldn't have to resort to that.

Thanks guys.  Also TIA to anyone who is yet to answer.

Now for the comparison shopping part. . .

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.