Subject: Re: how to install 1.4.2 on PB3400C?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/08/2000 14:30:33
At 9:36 AM -0700 9/8/00, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

>Anyone on the list have any better debugging suggestions?

Nope, but I have a work around.  Due to filtering in our router set
up after a ping flood denial of service attack, I couldn't ping the
other NetBSD box I was using to help set up a PB3400c.  Of course
sysinst refused to trust me about the settings, so a network install
wouldn't work.  My work around was to scrounge up an external CD-ROM
drive.  I put the floppy drive module in the PB, booted from that,
and installed from an ISO-9660 format CD I made on a Mac OS machine.
Of course this will only work if you happen to have a drive and the
HD-30 SCSI cable.  I borrowed both from a PB2400c user.

Good luck

--

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com