Subject: Re: MySQL
To: Mike Bush <mike@ieaccess.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/24/2000 09:13:33
"Mike Bush" <mike@ieaccess.com> wrote:

Mike> Forgive me if we've been over this but I didnt see
Mike> anything in the archive.

Mike> Is there a search utility?

Did you try the `Index of NetbSD Mailing Lists'?  There's a
search form.  I didn't use it yet though.

http://mail-index.NetBSD.ORG/

Mike> Ok, so MySQL is dead and from looking around it seems
Mike> its always been dead for NetBSD/macppc. Is this
Mike> correct? MySQL runs on OS-X/iTools on the same system
Mike> so I have to assume its not the hardware.

Although I didn't dig into MySQL, the reason why it doesn't
build is that MySQL needs mit-pghreads.

Mike> Anyone have it running or close to running?

Is there anyone?  As I wrote above, we should support
mit-pthreads first on powerpc (not only macppc).

BTW, if you have chance to change the other database server,
PostgreSQL works.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>