Subject: Installing on a G3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: mike henry <ienimi@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/2000 17:15:43
I have downloaded the net bsd 1.42 iso, and have read a good portion of the
emails from the archives and what not and am still having trouble on trying
to install this.

so far i have read that i must create an ISO cd with ofwboot.xcf in the root
and then must reboot into OF and type the command <boot cd:ofwboot.xcf>, no
luck!  It just boots right into MacOS.

I tried making a floppy and booting from that, but unfortunately I read that
u cannot boot from a floppy in OF 2.4 (the version that i believe comes with
a G3 333).

I have tried to use ofwboot.elf instead of ofwboot.xcf, did not work either.

can someone please help me out.  And can you give me explicit directions
from the start