Subject: Apple sound chip? (was: Re: Recent audio changes)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/29/2000 17:45:53
> Recently I got the Ensoniq pci audio card driver working with macppc.
>
> So I added support for the audio, music, and midi drivers. I also just
> added the pci audio config lines stolen from the i386 GENERIC config file.
> All of them except eap (the one I tested) are commented out.

What is the status of the Apple sound chip? As I understand, the only
support there is for it is just beeping.

How difficult would it be to get it fully supported? Where could I find
some documentation about that chip? I assume that Darwin driver might
help, but there are 3 audio drivers in Darwin: drvPPCAwacs,
drvPPCBurgundy, and drvPPCDACA. Is there 3 different audio chips?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr