Subject: Re: pismo OF
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Ben Allums <allums@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/27/2000 15:06:29
On 7/27/00 at 9:16 AM, matt@3am-software.com (Matt Thomas) wrote:
> At 05:04 AM 7/27/2000 -0700, Laurent de Segur wrote:
> >There is no need to reflash OF when you don't erase it in the first
> >place. OF keeps a copy of the default env vars in its rom and there
> >is a procedure in one Tech note to reset the machine completly. The
> >option-command P R would do the trick.
>
> Execpt when the machine is hosed, o-c-P-R does not do anything.  The
> machine is still dead.  Basically, the pismo gets to the point when it
> doesn't bong and the display doesn't start.  Cap-lock works and the
> power button but that's it.

Haven't run into this problem on my PowerBook, but I have seen it on my
5400/120 that I was trying to get NetBSD installed on to.

At one point I set "read-base" to something bad and my machine wouldn't
boot at all.

Solution?

Disconnect the battery that refreshes PRAM memory.  Wait about 30
seconds just to make certain it's really clear.

Don't know how to do this on the PowerBook, but certainly it must be
possible.

Ben
allums@earthlink.net