Subject: Re: boot floppy for Umax C600
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Russell <adam@rabbitfarm.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/24/2000 23:53:00
While I'm at it I might as well mention that I haven't gotten the machine to
boot yet. I've gone into the archives of last December and March when there was
some discussion of C600s and have done precisly what had been done by those
posting successes to the list.
I went as far as to set up a netbsd/mac68k box toboot from but was then bitten
by the sudden realization that I didn't have onboard ethernet and my NIC didn't
even have an OF ROM(although it is an Asante 10BT PCI and I thought I heard they
did). If I bought a NIC with an OF ROM would this help? or does the NIC have to
be "onboard"? In any event , I've tried everything else I can think of without
succes.
Best Regards,
Adam Russell