Subject: Re: Cyclades-8Y on G4(Yikes!)
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/24/2000 19:20:11
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Andreas Wrede wrote:

> I can successful netboot the 20000620-1.5 snapshot on a G4/400
> machine - dmesg output below.

Did you get any help with this?

I know it might not help much, but the cz serial cards work just fine. I
debugged a Cyclades-Z 16e on my G3. :-)

> The Cylcades-8Y PCI card does get recognized, and after making the
> /dev nodes manually (no support in MAKEDEV, send-pr to follow), I can
> open a port on the card. The modem signals appear to be handled
> correctly, ie. the attached modem lights DTR when the port is opened,
> and kermit reports correct status of DCD and DSR. However, I cannot
> send or receive any characters through the port. systat vmstat does
> not list the irq (irq24) in the right column, which leads me to
> believe that something is wrong with the interrupt management in the
> driver.
>
> Is someone using a PCI Cyclades-Y board on G3 or G4 Powermac with
> NetBSD 1.4/5? If not, where should I start to look in the code to
> trace the missing interrupts?

syssrc/sys/dec/pci/cy_pci.c is the pci-specific code for the driver, and
syssrc/sys/dev/ic/cy.c is the bus-independent part of the driver.

> $  ls -l /dev/*tyCY00
> crw-------  1 uucp  wheel  47, 128 Jul 13 11:50 /dev/dtyCY00
> crw-------  1 uucp  wheel  47,   0 Jul 13 10:26 /dev/ttyCY00

You might also talk with tsubai, as he was the one who enabled cy
support. :-)

Take care,

Bill