Subject: Re: Quick! Everyone go look at the Apple web site
To: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@inch.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2000 14:24:05
At 5:19 PM -0400 7/20/00, Matthew Reilly wrote:
>Is the PC card spec close to or based on ATA? It makes me wonder, it seems
>strange for Apple to go this proprietary route for seemingly little gain.
>But hey, we are talking about Apple here.

I can only say that there are url's which describe how to use the
full-strength encryption card sold for PC's with Mac's in place of
the export-encryption-only version that Apple sells.  You can even
buy a PC card (looks like it anyway) and replace the PC card inside
the AirPort.  It even works with Apple software except that you have
to put the keys in on a PC.  They are a standard product from Lucent.