Subject: Re: booting 3400 help (Re: booting CD ?)
To: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2000 09:46:52
At 12:19 AM +1000 7/21/00, charlie allom wrote:
>last try is to have a go with an HFS and an MSDOS partitioned CDROM.
>how this will help i dont know but i have to explore all
>possibilites.

Certainly worth a try.  FWIW Bob Nestor reports that a number of CD
images have slightly messed up Apple Partition Maps which probably
accounts for a lot of people's failure to boot from CD.

I know I was able to boot ofwboot.xcf directly from a CD a long time
ago.  I believe it was an ISO CD and it seemed to matter that I put
the name in ALL CAPS in the boot command to get it to work.  At any
rate I think that's why I got it to work on a 7500/604 but not on an
8500.