Subject: boot floppy for Umax C600
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Russell <adam@rabbitfarm.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2000 01:22:02
Ok, I've tried many boot images (including the most recent ones with
1.4.3_ALPHA and the 1.5 snapshot)as well as various bootvar settings and
nothing seems to get the machine to boot off the floppy.
I'm using bootvar 1.3 with boot-device fd:0
                                            boot-comman boot
                            and          load-base 100000
all the rest are the default values. I need to set up a serial console
in order to view OF output which I have not done. The only indication I
get that the machine is doing anything is that I hear the disk being
read for awhile and then, I hesitate to even mention this, a slight
"clicking" sound. Then nothing.
I have also noticed that the machine reboots itself before starting to
read the floppy. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.
Does anyone have any advice?
Many Thanks,
Adam Russell