Subject: How do I fix nvramrc?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/18/2000 14:42:49
OK, I've played with nvedit under OF and it seems to kind of act like
a 1-line EMACS editor.  You get out with c-x,c-c.  C-n, c-p, c-k seem
to do what you would expect.

How do you save your changes so they stick through a power cycle?  (I
don't mean a MacOS boot, just a normal power cycle.)

Alternatively, how do I insert a new-line into nvramrc inside boot variables?

Background:

I've demonstrated that if I use system disk I always get a "no active
package" error followed by a crash while loading the netbsd kernel
from ofwboot.  If I turn off nvramrc then the machine boots normally
but I have all the problems people know about with OF 1.0.5 (unstable
screen initialization, and can't boot directly from disk on
power-up).  This seems to be true with the patches that boot
variables puts (leaves?) in nvramrc as well, but at least it has a
user interface to edit the contents, sort-of.