Subject: Re: IDE controller?
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/17/2000 22:26:34
on 7/17/00 2:07 PM, Jojo at info@thrill-inc.com wrote something like:

> thx a lot dude.... nice flow of info here  :)
>
> Joachim

    No problem, I wrote Promax Tech support out of my own interest and he
responded:

> Hi,
> You can boot from EIDE drive attachs to Turbomax card..
>
> B/W G3 and G4 does not have problem with EIDE drive or ATA bus

    From that, I gather that yes it can be booted from OpenFirmware;
possibly B&W G3's or G4's only, but I doubt that if the fcode was written
correctly. I asked him what chip the card was based on but he didn't answer.
In all likely hood, it is fully supported by NetBSD. If not, well with the
proper documentation in the right hands and free time, "Support should not
be too hard to add."

    Hope that helps.

    Chris