Subject: Re: Me Too, was: 9500 problem lingers...still
To: Henry B. Hotz <kevan@solidnet.com>
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/17/2000 03:23:42
on 7/17/00 12:21 AM, Henry B. Hotz at hotz@jpl.nasa.gov wrote something
like:

    Shouldn't it be scsi-int/sd@X:[filename if needed],[partition number]
translating what you have should be scsi-int/sd@1:,0

> I'm in the same boat.
>
> I'm suspicous that it has something to do with the nvramrc patches,
> since it was after I downloaded System Disk and ran it that I started
> having these problems, but OTOH I have the same problem at home where
> I've only ever used Boot Variables.

    Not likely, do you have the boot-device, boot-file, and load size set
correctly?

> I haven't noticed this, but do you only get the "no active package"

    I get this when booting the floppy image from 1.4.1 (boot.fs) it's
harmless AFAIK.

> I need to pay more attention to these ordering issues since it seems
> to me that part of my problem may be that OF does not clean up after
> an error properly.  Hence I may have falsely ruled out valid
> procedures.

    It certainly doesn't with IDE/ATA devices IMHO :)

> I've never seen the db> prompt.

    db> is the NetBSD Kernel debugger. The only way you can get that is if
the netbsd had indeed loaded, if you're getting no active package, then I
think the kernel is indeed running. It sounds like your system is running,
but you just can't see anything and it has no place to output to so it jumps
back to the debugger. I'm rather baffled by that.

    Chris