Subject: Re: booting CD ?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/13/2000 18:12:46
Henry B. Hotz wrote:

>At 6:53 AM -0500 7/13/00, Bob Nestor wrote:
>>If that doesn't work you can try:
>>
>>boot cd:netbsd
>
>Actually I'd try this one first, since if the machine's version of OF
>understands elf then you should be able to skip ofwboot altogether.
>If this doesn't work then try ofwboot.xcf.
>
>Of course I'm not currently booting at all so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Thanks for the pointer!  I saw Bill mentioned in another posting that OF
3.1.1 doesn't play to well with ofwboot, but that's the version my system
has and it successfully booted (or more correctly loaded) ofwboot.elf,
ofwboot.xcf and netbsd.  I suspect what he means is that ofwboot has
problems dealing with the filesystem and may not sucessfully find the
file to boot.  This happens on my system so the advice to first try
booting with "boot cd:netbsd" is excellent advice.

-bob