Subject: Re: Kernel and ramdisk for install
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/13/2000 14:25:25
At 6:37 PM -0500 7/12/00, Bob Nestor wrote:
>Are there any more tests I can run?  Can someone help fill in the blanks
>here?  What are the options one can use at the "Boot:" prompt?  Any idea
>why the file "netbsd" is found by the boot code but can't be found by
>either of the boot loaders?

Don't know about the other questions, but from reading the ofwboot
code what you type at the Boot: prompt is exactly what you would put
in the boot-file OF environment variable.

It can be:
exit			to return from ofwboot back to OF
-{a|s|d}[a|s|d...]	for ask, single-user, and debug options.
filename[ a|s|d...]	boot file followed by optional options.

All options should be in a single word.  If the file can't be found
then the ask option is turned on and the Boot: prompt repeated.  The
input from that prompt resets all options.  Obviously it doesn't make
sense to say -s with no filename, but the parsing works.

I think filename could be a full path if the version of OF on that
machine supports it on the filesystem type you are booting from.  The
boot device, including the partition number is not input at the Boot:
prompt.

Actually looking back through the code I don't see a reference to
boot-file.  Hmmm.  I think what I said is otherwise true, I'm just
not sure where to can this info into OF variables for non-interactive
use anymore.