Subject: Re: Okay, fine. About gdb...
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@redback.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2000 11:27:05
>>>>> "gabriel" == gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> writes:
gabriel> Perhaps we can talk this over and fix it, though? I don't
gabriel> really have time to deal with it this week, but I'd be glad
gabriel> to take a look (though I thought I was going to go play with
gabriel> the swim3 when I had time for NetBSD work... ::sigh::) if
gabriel> someone gave me a starting point.

I've submitted two problem reports with patches: One that enable the
ptrace PT_GETFPREGS and PT_SETFPREGS commands; another that dumps FP
registers in core dumps.  I don't know if these have been integrated.

I didn't know that the in-tree GDB had some NetBSD/powerpc support
(because it's not built by make world), so I wrote my own NetBSD/
powerpc target.  It has been integrated into the GDB development
sources --- I just missed getting it in before GDB 5.0 was cut.

The combination of the patches and a recent GDB snapshot appears to
work fairly well.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin