Subject: Re: Booting after installation on a 7600 followup
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Jim Ferr <ferr@apple.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2000 13:58:49
Okay, I've reinstalled and after installation was successful, I entered
the following commands in the shell:

mount /dev/sd0a /mnt
cp /usr/mdec/ofwboot /mnt/boot
/usr/mdec/installboot /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rsd0a

No errors.

So then I rebooted into Open Firmware. The 7600 says it has Open Firmware
1.0.5. What magical incantations do I need to enter to boot now from the
SCSI drive?

Entering 'boot scsi-int/sd@0,0' got the reply 'Can't load from device' if
memory serves.

Yes, I do work for Apple (in Canada) but don't have a lot of contact with
Engineering. If there is something specific you'd like in terms of Open
Firmware docs, let me know and I'll see if I can turn over a few
stones... ;)

--
Jim Ferr, Support Analyst, Apple Canada
Phone: (905) 513-5617