Subject: Re: Booting after installation on a 7600 followup
To: Jim Ferr <ferr@apple.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2000 13:26:31
Whoops, didn't answer all of your questions in my first email.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 01:16:44PM -0400, Jim Ferr wrote:
> >	cp /usr/mdec/ofwboot /mnt/boot
> >	/usr/mdec/installboot /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/bootxx /dev/rsd0a
>
> Now that is the end of that bullet-point in the FAQ. Do I need to
> continue on to the next one or am I done? I thought okay, maybe I'm done.

That's correct, you're done. As long as the drive you want to boot is
sd0a and installboot didn't spout any weird error messages.

Each bullet-point is an alternate method for booting. That's vaguely
stated in the opening paragraph, but could be made clearer... but
that's true of so much of our documentation it pretty much goes
without saying. Yes, fixing this would be good, but most of the people
who know how it should be done are busy doing technical stuff. Go ask
an Apple engineer to write a User's Guide and see the reaction you
get. ;^>

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net