Subject: booting after installation on 7600?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Ferr <ferr@apple.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2000 11:20:03
Yes, this is yet another post from someone having difficulty with the
installation process. In this case, however, I have the boot floppy and
the ISO CD and the installation proceeds without error. The following two
paragraphs are from the install document:

>- After all the files have been unpacked, go back to the main menu and
>select reboot, after you have removed the bootfloppy from the drive.
>
>- NetBSD will now boot.

I'm hung up on the phrase "NetBSD will now boot". Sorry, but is doesn't
boot. I get the hard drive with question mark icon on the screen.
Needless to say this is rather annoying after getting this far. I posted
two similar requests for help to this list in the past couple of weeks
but so far no one has replied. Anyone?

More detail: Installed on a Power Mac 7600/120 with 2GB drive. Did the
SystemDisk thing to make Open Firmware use the keyboard and monitor. Boot
floppy worked fine.

--
Jim Ferr, Support Analyst, Apple Canada
Phone: (905) 513-5617