Subject: Re: NetBSD to Power Macintosh 4400/200
To: Janne Lindqvist <g78015@UWasa.Fi>
From: Mohan Khurana <mkhurana@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2000 07:35:02
"Your computer can't run Mac OS X" is correct.  I got the same error, but
thought I was the only one getting it.  I gave up on trying to get System
Disk to run on Mac OS 9, since if it really asks for Mac OS X, it probably
really does require it.

Instead, try just getting into the open firmware.  Command+option+o+f held
down on bootup will get you in.  It might go to the serial port.  The part
on the documentation about getting into the OFW is quite helpful.  Once
you are in the OFW, you should be able to do everything that System Disk
does.

mohan