Subject: Re: Which kernel? Where does the ramdisk come from?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2000 18:50:13
mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

>I take it that "toast" can make iso iamges?  If so, and once someone
>figures out how to make a macppc bootable CD with it, please let me know
>and I'll try and work it into the bootcd how-to.

Toast can make and can use ISO images.  I usually master the images on
NetBSD using mkhybrid or mkisofs, transfer the resulting ISO file to
MacOS and burn them with Toast. It's also possible to do this with CD
Creator on a PC.  This has some advantages over plain old Toast (or CD
Creator) - being able to use Joliet, Apple and Rock Ridge Extensions all
on the same CD for one.

I'd be happy to build some small test ISO image files and make them
available for people to burn with Toast if they'd let me know how it
works out.  The last person I did this for burned up about half my
monthly upload quota and didn't even say thanks, let alone let me know
how things worked out.

-bob