Subject: Re: Some OF questions
To: Bill Studenmund , Andy <andy@softbook.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2000 15:06:34
At 2:04 PM -0700 7/7/00, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Andy wrote:
>
> > The FAQ states that for OF 2.0x you need to  "setenv LOAD-BASE 0x6c0000" to
> > use ofwboot.xcf
> >
> > -Is "LOAD-BASE" same as "load-base" that you see as a result of
> > "printenv"?. If not- what's the difference between the two?
>
>Hmmm... maybe that's supposed to be load-base.
>
> > -"load base" does not accept the numbers in hex (0xXXXXX )format, only
> > decimal ( if you type "setenv load-base 0x6c0000"  it complains) However
> > LOAD-BASE is happpy to accept a hex value. From which I surmise that all
> > numbers you see in "printenv" are in decimal. Is this so?

On OF 1.0.5 a 'setenv load-base blah' actually sets LOAD-BASE.  Does
OF 2.x do the same thing?

Hex values are accepted, but not sure how they are parsed.  I think
it may just treat them as character strings.  Since I seem to be
unable to boot from OF now I'm not sure what I changed to make it
stop working though.