Subject: Re: SIIG 4S no go [RE: PCI serial card support?]
To: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/07/2000 13:53:32
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Cliff Neighbors wrote:

> I configured the "puc" and "com" drivers:
>
> puc*	at pci? dev ? function ?
> com*	at puc? port ?
>
> and made the kernel....

Maybe try a make clean first? Sometimes little bits of cruft get left
around. I wouldn't expect it, but it might have happened. Or was this a
fresh configuration (no previous kernel)? If so, ignore this. :-)

> During kernel start-up, the card is recognized:
>
> puc0 at pci2 dev 3 function 0: SIIG Cyber Serial Dual PCI 16C550A (20x
> family)(com, com)
> com0 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 53
> com0_
>
> underscore indicates cursor position when the system hung.
> both "com0..." printf's come from com_puc_attach()\com_puc.c
> just before com_attach_subr()\com.c is called.
>
> if this looks familiar to anyone, please let me know.
> meanwhile I will try and dig in and see what broke.
> hints and advice will be appreciated.

Try sprinkling printf's in com_attach_subr() to see where it dies.

Does the interrupt key work?

Take care,

Bill