Subject: Re: Infinitely repeating keyboard
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2000 22:48:29
On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 04:23:37PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> There's ssomething fundamentally yet subly wrong with USB on these
> machines (they can be made to mostly work, but we don't know why).

On an original iMac I saw that, under wscons... I haven't tried it
recently or with a brand-new kernel, but I'd be happy to provide another
datapoint. I also remember seeing some sort of error message with wscons,
but I haven't spent a lot of time with that machine, since it spends
most of its life running MacOS for folks other than myself.

And, actually, I should file a PR about the machine not cleanly rebooting,
if there's not one there already... It gets to where it *should* reboot
and then something crashes. (I netboot it and don't end up touching the
disks at all, so maybe it's partly environmental...? I'll try to come up
with some more data.)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.