Subject: Adding a disk to BSD....
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Greg_Evans@condenast.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/2000 11:07:58
Hi, just added a 9 gig drive to my NetBSD system, and told it to mount itself in
the fstab on /backups  (yes, an odd place I suppose, but perfect for what I am
doing)  It is a single partition and being shared over netatalk.  My question is
how come it shows up in the MacOS 9 finder when mounted via Appletalk with only
1.99 gigs available, however a 'df' shows it's full 9 gigabyte size

am I doing something incorrectly here or is there only support for volume sizes
up to 2 gigs?  If the latter is the case, how would it be possible for me to
create a single exported directory with all 8 gigs avaialble short of  doing
something like /backups/2gig-1    /backup /2gig-2, etc.

Please cc: all replies to greg_evans@condenast.com, as I am writing this at work
and using this for a work project.

Thanks in advance,

Greg