Subject: wscons and French keyboard layout
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/25/2000 21:36:06
Hi all,

I post this message here vecause I hace a PowerMac, but it may be posted to
user@netbsd.org (or something like that). If so : 1/ i'm sorry to bother
you, 2/ please tell me that I bother you ;-)

So I have a G4. I have tried to play with wscons, but it dosen't seem to
work. The err message being "Cannot allocate memory for ttyXX" I think the
problem comes from the non existant video driver. Am I right ?
There comes the second problem : I've seen that one can get a french kbd
layout by modifying the XF86Setup file... but on PPCmac, this file is of no
use...
Then I tried

#wsconsctl -k -w encoding=3Dfr

but it doesn't work (/dev/wskvd0: device is not configured)

I would be grateful someone post a little help.

Thank you.

--
Isobel.

Puces de ma hutte