Subject: Re: Kernel build request...? (Thanks in advance!!!)
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2000 15:01:38
On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 10:43:21PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> I just noticed that the GENERIC kernel seems not to have this option:
>
>      options NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM
[...]
> Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

I just made a -current GENERIC kernel with NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM instead of
*_DHCP, you can pick it up at:
http://seti.heh.uni-oldenburg.de/MASON.gz

> Here's the same server netbooting a SPARCstation IPC using rarp/bootparams:
Funny, I configured my SPARCstation SLC's kernel so it uses DHCP to find
it's root path instead of the ugly bootparam protocol :-)

(It still needs bootparam for the first stages of bootstrapping of course..
 (firmware) :-( )

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.