Subject: Never mind the kernel build request...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2000 02:08:08
I've (amazingly) managed to figure out how to successfully cross-compile
kernels, so I can now generate macppc kernels on my i386.

I've gotten a lot farther with BOOTPARAMS than I did with the DHCP-
assisted boot, but I have a ways to go yet. For some reason, the kernel
needed me to tell it that it wanted an NFS root. Once I told it that,
it went out with rarp and a bootparams request and figured out who it
was. It wasn't able to mount its root, but I'll figure that out tomorrow.
I'll also try to figure out how to nail down things like the fact that
it's going to have to have an NFS root.

(It was also the case that I was *able* to type at the console this
time, so tomorrow I'll try a DHCP boot again and see if that is
interesting.)

Wow. I almost feel like a hacker again. :P Now, if only this nine-to-
five stuff would stop getting in the way... <grin>

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  I m m a n e n t i z e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  t h e E s c h a t o n