Subject: Re: X Server
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2000 02:54:46
Greg <raisplin@rcn.com>  kakimashita=A0:
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^=3D wrote, in japanese ^__^

> Regarding the X Server on macppc, I have my video resolution set to 1024x=
768
> @ millions of colors when I booted the mac into open firmware and install=
ed
> NetBSD, I have since had to Zap the PRAM, but have booted the machine and
> reset everything the way I wanted it, rebooted into NetBSD and still can
> only manage to get 640x480 at 256 colors :/  is there a way for me to set
> the resolution and color depth in OF?
>=20
> Otherwise..what the heck am I doing wrong????
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Greg

Well, my solution is not really one... I have 2 hard drives : one with
MacOS, and one with NetBSD. I have never tried but I think that if you
change resolution under MacOS, then you'll get the same resolution under
netbsd, but still in 256 color mode :-(

In a "student user" point of view, I think it would be *very* cool to have =
good ATI driver (e.g. change resolution & depth without rebooting anything)
and have a audio driver to listen to mp3... :-) but, here, I don't know
wether sound is or not supported yet on macppc ??

--=20
Isobel.

Nettoyant une casserole
Rides sur l'eau