Subject: Re: X server
To: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/19/2000 15:16:00
On Fri, 19 May 2000, Isobel wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     Is there an other X server for macppc NetBSD than the one installed when
> installing NetBSD ? which is slow (*very* slow), and only 256 colors, and
> that cannot change resolution of the screen, and that has no configuration
> file ( not sure of this ?). Has XFree86 been ported to macppcNetBSD ? (seems
> it did not). Hope this question is in the right list (should I post this in
> current-users ?).

Nope.

It's not the Xserver's fault. The problem is that we don't have drivers
which will let us change the settings on the video once we boot NetBSD. So
a config file doesn't make sense. :-)

XFree86 is the source for the X we use on all NetBSD platforms. We just
don't use the same Xserver as i386.

If you want to dive into this, please do! :-)

Take care,

Bill