Subject: Re: PowerMac 7500/100
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Bart van der Ouderaa <b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/19/2000 22:32:50
>I see on the www pages that the PowerMac 7500/100 is listed as supported
>only if it has a G3 upgrade card?  Anyone have a feel for how hard it may
>be to get NetBSD going on one of these boxes _without_ the G3 upgrade?

I got 1.4.2 running on a 7500, but you need to upgrade the 601 as
that chip isn't supported. I upgraded to a 604e/166 (did that a long
time ago), and although i'm still checking things out, i haven't had
any problem (well until 1.4.2 there wasn't a version that i got
running, but that's a different story :)
So it should say that a 7500 will work solong the processor is
upgraded to atleast a 604.

there has been some discussion on getting nubus ppc support
(look in the mailinglist archive
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2000/03/
)
Since those are based on the 601, there might be a chance in the
future it'll run. You're ofcourse welcome to help out to get it to
run on the 601.

Bart van der Ouderaa
mailto:b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl
http://members1.chello.nl/~b.vander.ouderaa/

Pokemon is a game where children go into the woods and capture furry
little creatures and then bring them home and teach them to pit fight.