Subject: 1.4.2 on Wallstreet (PowerBook G3/300)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2000 08:37:25
Last night I took an IBM 9GB SCSI disk in an external case with
NetBSD/macppc loaded on it, and attempted to boot my PowerBook
G3/300. After some trouble getting OF to come up (yes, just as the
FAQ says, the timing is tricky), I asked it to:

	boot scsi/sd@0:0

The secondary booter came up, loaded the GENERIC kernel, and then the
kernel said it couldn't find the root FS, and asked me. When I told
it the canonical stuff (sd0a for root, sd0b for swap, FS type "ffs"),
it said:

	mesh: timeout state=3
	cannot mount root, error=22

That EINVAL (invalid argument) from errno.h.

We list this model of PowerBook as a supported platform. What did I do wrong?

	Erik <fair@clock.org>