Subject: Re: Problem with -current kernel supped March 12
To: NetBSD/macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 15:18:15
FYI, I managed to complete a full "make build" on my Powerbook 2400c last
night with the March 12th source, so now it is just the kernel now, i
rebuilt the kernel with the 0312 userland tools, but still no luck. This
morning, I started poked around in the macppc tree, doing cvs log/diffs,
it looks like the only major change is when uninorth was merged in.
perhaps something delicate was broke? but again that was commited on 0203.
could someone explain the following changes in "autoconf.c" as I am still
quite new to the BSD kernel.

=====revision 1.20
date: 2000/02/08 20:02:13;  author: tsubai;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -2
Make OF-2.x can also find root device.

the other change that caught my eyes is in /usr/src/sys/dev/scsipi/sd.c

=====revision 1.157
date: 2000/02/07 20:16:57;  author: thorpej;  state: Exp;  lines: +29 -21
Fix a bug in disksort_*() which caused non-optimal ordering when multiple
active partitions were on a single spindle.  Add a b_rawblkno member to
struct buf which contains the non-partition-relative block number to sort
by.

I replaced the sd.c with the 0205 version, but it had no effect, same
problem. I will try to dig a little future.

and apparantly the mesh code has not changed since 0205, so the
"bug" really lies elsewhere.

also guys what version of OF do you have?

			OF version		Hardware
Jake			2.1f			Powerbook 2400c

-jake