Subject: Re: newer than 20000205 (was GENERIC 1.4T SCSI problems)
To: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/02/2000 23:27:26
On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 10:49:45PM -0500, Jake Luck wrote:
> you can always checkout older versions of the code via
>
>  cvs -D <date> checkout

Natch. Except I've not used cvs for kernel source yet and I'm not very
clear on its use (do I just run that in /usr/src/sys? Do I have to
tell cvs to ignore CVS_ROOT the first time it fetches?). I should read
the help docs before asking dumb questions, though.

[clip]

> anyone else here is successfully running a version
> of the macppc port older than 0205?

Erm... do you mean younger?

Earlier -current kernels boot fine, in my experience, but that was
largely owing to emulation (pretty hard to go from 1.4.1 to -current
without a snapshot along the way, and the most recent one before this
one was June '99 some time).

I don't think there's any guarantee that -current will actually build
(which is kind of the principle, no?), though I'd expect somebody to
have complained here by not if something so extreme as mesh code broke
before 1.4T.

> also i am curious of the Wavelan support on the netbsd end.
> got my Silver PC Card today, cool as hell.

No clue on that.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net