Subject: Re: Support for ATI XCLAIM PCI card
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Dan Winship <danw@helixcode.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/23/2000 17:51:37
> I don't suppose anyone has figured out how to control the ATI chips
> to set resolution and bit depth yet? Just curious.

There's code for it in linuxppc, and also in the latest version of
XFree86. The linuxppc code has all sorts of Linux kernelisms in it,
but it might still be easier to work from than the XFree86 code, which
has all sorts of PCisms in it. Either way it's just a matter of taking
the code and rewriting it as a (reasonably arch- and bus-independent)
wsdisplay...

I don't know of anyone who is working on this right now.

-- Dan