Subject: Re: NetBSD bootable CDs
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/20/2000 20:24:03
on 2/20/00 4:04 AM, Erik Bertelsen at erik@mediator.uni-c.dk wrote:

> With MacOS, Apple System Profile reports two internal ATA's numbered
> 0 and 1. On ATA 0, ID=0 is the harddisk (original 4G Fireball), and
> ATA 1, ID=0 is the CD ROM drive (original Matshita, rev ZS20, id CD-ROM
> CR-585).

    You were correct, there is no cd devalias, and I have ide/ide1/ata-int,
etc. as well.

> Could you -- just for the sake of completeness -- send me the output of
> devalias from your machine?
>
> Have you actually booted any non-MacOS disk from OF ?
>
> - Erik

    Read my last message about booting the beige g3 and you should be able
to do the same thing. Let me know if it works :) You should just have to
change ide1/disk@0:0 to ide/disk@0:0 from my other message.

    Chris

P.S. All who are reading, shall i FAQisize this?

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."