Subject: floppy booting panic update
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bart van der Ouderaa <b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/19/2000 20:17:59
An update, with some good and bad news...

>  >sd0: 1034MB, 4903 cyl, 4 head, 108 sec, 512 bytes/sect X 2118144 sectors
>>panic: mesh: FIFO != 0
>
>Try latest -current snapshot.
>ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20000205/installation
>/floppy/boot.fs

did that, and it worked (btw my monitor and grafics are fine). I
could install without any problem (here's a nice setup, set an ftp
server on a G3 B&W and use black night to connect (using a keyspan
pda adapter(or any usb to serial device) for usb) to the modem port,
for OF, then install the stuff using ftp).
But even 1.4.2_ALPHA has the same problem (tried 1.4.1 same problem) at boot

scsibus1 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <IBM, DPES-31080, S31S> SCSI1 0/direct fixed
sd0: 1034MB, 4903 cyl, 4 head, 108 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 2118144 sectors
panic: mesh: FIFO != 0
Stopped in  at  0x2386e0:       lwz r0, r1, 0x14,
db>

now, ofcourse i'm gonna try the latest snapshot next (since i expect
that Tsubai would suggest it :) and because it's floppy worked (gotta
d/l the binaries first). btw how stabile is the snapshot? since this
7500 was meant to be a stabile NAT/firewall/emailserver box.

thanks for all the help so far, once you get the floppy going
installing ain't hard at all.

Bart van der Ouderaa
mailto:b.vander.ouderaa@chello.nl
http://members1.chello.nl/~b.vander.ouderaa/

Pokemon is a game where children go into the woods and capture furry
little creatures and then bring them home and teach them to pit fight.