Subject: Adaptec PowerDomain 2930 for MAC and NetBSD 1.4.1
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@siara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/08/2000 22:42:53
Just bought one of the Adaptec PowerDomain 2930
controllers for the MAC.  I was assuming ofcourse
that this meant OFW compliant.  Surprisingly,
although the card does show up on the device tree,
none of the attached disks can be seen. I think
it is detected as part of the OFW PCI device
probe only :-(.

To my even greater surprise, my 1.4.1 kernel,
panics when during card detection/attachment???
I thought that 1.4.1 supported the ADAPTEC 2930/40
cards on macppc?  1.4.2_ALPHA seems to work fine.

Am really curious to know what could have
changed.  Is there any way to access the
sources for the 1.4.2_ALPHA snapshot?

Thanks
Sanjay