Subject: Re: Performa (yes: Again.)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Browne <matthewb@ihug.co.nz>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/27/2000 09:58:07
At 12:47 PM -0800 on 26/1/2000, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> Well, MkLinux doesn't boot on those, at least not quite, but....  Off the
> top of my head, the boot args contain something pretty close to the
> following, but not in this order, I don't think):
>
> * Booter Version
> * OF Tree (where applicable, zero height where not)
> * Gestalt
> * Boot arguments
> * Memory regions
> * VRAM base and size
> * Addresses of kernel, bootstrap task, etc.
>
> I think that's about it....  Memory is mapped 1:1 with address translation
> _on_.

Actually you've just reminded me of something else. The MkLinux
booter is one of only two I've tried that's even comes close to
booting my 6200 as it actually gets to booting the kernel. BootX
just crashes. The only other one was the booter for PowerOS
that was a MacOS application that used a workaround in the 68K
emulator to get into supervisor mode. The page for that went
down a few years back though AFAIK.

Matt Browne