Subject: Performa (yes: Again.)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.cx>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/26/2000 11:59:38
Alohas!

No, I won't ask why my Performa 5200 won't boot NetBSD. I allready know
why. However, if there's anything I could do, I'd be glad to be of
any help (Provided that it's possible to cross-compile kernels neatly on a
Wintel-box - Sorry. Don't have another Mac at hand..) (Said box currently
runs FreeBSD, but installing NetBSD 1.4/i386 isn't a very big problem)

Yes, I do have programming skills :)

I do have one question though:

From a hardware-point of view, these machines much more resemble a M68K
Mac than a "decent" PowerPC mac. Wouldn't it be a better idea to hack
m68kBSD into working, instead of adding NuBUS and non-OF support to
the PowerPC port? I assume that this has been asked before, but I couldn't
really find it on the archives of this mailinglist on www.netbsd.org.

Kind regareds,

Martijn

PS: Please Cc: any reply to me - my subscription to the port-macppc list
    has yet to be validated.
--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.cx - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
		Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333