Subject: X config on a Power Mac 7600
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/21/2000 20:58:39
Hi,

I just got NetBSD 1.4.1 running on an Power Macintosh 7600. That's a great
thing to see.

One question, though: The install notes say regarding X:
"If you have installed the X window system, look at the files in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc for information."

Unfortunately, this directory does not exist. How am I supposed to
configure the resolution, depth, key mapping and what not? There is hardly
a configuration file like /etc/XF86Config on i386 machines.

Currently, I am stuck with 640x480x8 and an american keyboard mapping for
a german keyboard. Looks like this can be optimized.

Any hints on how to do that are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance -

	Roland