Subject: Re: Porting fxp driver to macppc
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Sanjay Lal <sanjayl@iqmail.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/19/2000 22:03:47
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 08:40:46PM -0800, Sanjay Lal wrote:
> > I was wondering what would be involved in porting the current
> > fxp driver to macppc.  What are the most common caveats that
> > one needs to be aware of?
>
> What makes you think it doesn't already work?
>
> --
> Thor Lancelot Simon                                           tls@rek.tjls.com
>         "And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"

I compiled in the driver, and the card is detected during init. The following is
the output from dmesg:

fxp0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: Intel EtherExpress Pro 10+/100B Ethernet
fxp0: interrupting at irq 23
fxp0: Ethernet address d0:00:0e:b7:76:88
OUI 0x00aa00 model 0x0015 rev 4 at fxp0 phy 1 not configured

However, when I issue an ifconfig, the system just hangs completely,
requiring a reboot.

Regards
Sanjay