Subject: Re: 68k to ppc port info query
To: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/11/2000 18:24:12
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Roger Brown wrote:

> >> 1. Take the hardware knowledge derived from NetBSD/mac68k LC 630 support and
> >> hence add Performa 6200 support to mklinux.
> >
> >Working on it.  Had some booter issues, think they may be resolved now,
> >just by going back to an older booter (weird).
> >

> Does this actually mean you have booted the 6200 to a login prompt using
> mklinux(version?) and some specific booter(version?) using the IDE driver?

Not that far yet, no.  I've gotten it to get past the splash screen.  That
was the booter issue.  Last time I played with it, it got passed the basic
machine init, puked in the interrupt init.  I've rewritten lots of the
interrupt stuff since then, but didn't have a way to boot to test it
(didn't know about the booter conflict).  There was also a bug introduced
later that caused it to stop at the splash screen with the older booter,
which may also be booter-related.  Once BootX support gets cleaned up a
bit, I'll know for sure. :-)

David