Subject: Re: Neat. I broke top and ps.
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/26/1999 00:58:18
> uriel:bin/ps# make
> keyword.c: In function `parsefmt':
> keyword.c:230: warning: null format string
> *** Error code 1

If you're going from 1.4.x to -current, then this is a "known" problem,
at least known to me anyway, as I've brought nearly all my machines
forward in the last few months.

The short term hack is to edit keyword.c:230 and change the first NULL
to "". I forget if there are any caveats, as I didn't use this method.
(Over the whole tree there are quite a few that would need to be patched.)

cd src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs && make cleandir includes depend all install

or equivalent, should cure it for good.

> I'm not so silly as to expect
> anyone else will even see this email till Monday. :^>

With my geographically distributed and partially innkeeper-employed family,
we tend to celebrate holidays on a slightly shifted schedule :)

Besides, I like to use holidays for personal time (read: unfettered hacking)
instead of vacation days. Squeezing things in on evenings and weekends just
isn't enough sometimes.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com