Subject: Problems with mozilla
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/23/1999 09:42:44
Hi,

I'm new to the list, so perhaps this has been answered before, though
I didn't see it
in the recent archives.

Anyway, I've got a Power Macintosh 8600/300 running NetBSD 1.4.1 and
downloaded
the latest mozilla(Milestone 12 release) and was able to get the beast
compiled.  But,
when I try to run it I get relocation errors:

# ./mozilla
.//run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/export/mozilla/dist/bin
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/export/mozilla/dist/bin:/usr/X11R6/lib
       SHLIB_PATH=/export/mozilla/dist/bin
          LIBPATH=/export/mozilla/dist/bin
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
/export/mozilla/dist/bin/libmozjs.so: Unsupported relocation type 10in
non-PLT relocations

Is the relocation error indicative of a problem in NetBSD 1.4.1, the
compilation environment,
or something strange with the mozilla build??  If I upgrade to
"current", will this problem
go away??

Thank,
Steve B.