Subject: Re: Port to performa series
To: Mahlon Smith <reich@internetcds.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/1999 11:42:23
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Mahlon Smith wrote:

> Although I don't see it listed as supported, I don't see it listed as not
> supported either.
>
> Anyone have any luck with a Performa 6200CD?

Nope.  That's basically a PowerPC-upgraded 68k Mac (a Quadra 630, to be
precise).  I have a 6214 in my room, and I'm working on porting MkLinux to
it.  The code is available in its present state from MkLinux's CVS
repository (which you can look at through cvsweb on www.mklinux.org), but
it doesn't work yet.

If/when I get it working, somebody could certainly port the changes into
NetBSD.  Hard to say how much of the problems are with the code I wrote
and how much is booter problems right now, though.  I should know more
this weekend, time permitting.

David