Subject: Re: OF2.0 and/etc/mk.conf and ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES
To: John Moore <johndanielmoore@yahoo.co.uk>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/1999 15:21:13
Easiest solution is, rather than fixing your licenses so that NetBSD's
make knows that you actually want an educational license for ssh, just
to get the source from ftp.cs.hut.fi/pub/ssh. You'll have to compile
it yourself, of course, but that's easy enough - ./configure ; make ;
su ; make install should get you there.

Actually, you might want to look at OpenSSH (www.openssh.com) from the
OpenBSD project, but we don't have a Port for it right now and the
only Makefile around is the one that depends on a myriad of other
OpenBSD Makefiles. When I get some free time (ha!), I plan to write up
a Makefile to work with the source you can get from ftp.openbsd.org,
maybe even do a NetBSD port, presuming that isn't already in the works
(and I sincerely hope it is, considering the recent really scary
security problems in ssh 1.2.13+ and in the RSAREF2 library, neither
of which are a concern with OpenSSH).

All that said, you should probably fix /etc/mk.conf... but I don't
know how to (as I've never bothered ;^>).

Anyone with better advice?

As far as the claim failing... I'm not sure, but if it isn't possible
to make it work by hook or crook now, it probably will be when someone
gets a chance to look at that exact version of OF (if Apple'd stuck to
something that remotely resembled a standard for this stuff, there
wouldn't be these problems... guess they had to Think Different,
though).

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net