Subject: C500 + tlp success
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/1999 11:23:59
Well, my Umax SuperMac C500 is working with its Dayna(tulip) ethernet
card. Thanks to Jason Thorpe and the other person (who was that, Jason?)
who contributed to the tlp driver fix. It boots from the IDE drive but
only after I ran System Disk which I assumed applied OF patches as the
Valkyrie video worked in OF after that. I'm running the system headless
through both the serial console and telnet so I don't know how the video
is working.

One strange thing, ping doesn't seem to work. I was almost ready to tear
my hair out when I thought the ethernet card still wasn't working when I
couldn't ping. Then I tried pinging the box from another machine and it
worked fine. So doesn't telnet and FTP. I installed with the most recent
current snapshot and a kernel compiled from CVS sources. Any ideas?

If anyone needs any more info, please let me know.

cheers,

Matthew Reilly