Subject: Re: PM 7200 support issues
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/14/1999 21:04:25
On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 04:37:21PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:32:41 -0800
>  Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:
>
>  > I'd guess something on the order of 10 hours of work.
>  > a couple weekends worth of hacking time would probably do it.
>
> Probably something like that.  The BATs are a little different, so
> we might have a bit of rototilling if the kernel currently relies
> on BAT functionality that the 601 doesn't provide...

hmm, BATs in the belfry, how nice...

>  > so jason, how many pages is this?  maybe you could just scan them
>  > and put the images on da web...
>
> It's ... probably 30 or 40 pages (mostly descriptive text and diagrams).
>
> ...it's a portion of the last section of the Mindshare PowerPC architecture
> book ... I guess I bought it .. a year ago?  It's not that old.

it suddenly occurred to me to just get my own copy.
I didn't see it at stacey's, but I did see architecture references for
ARM, MIPS and PA, which I went ahead and got since, hey, instant gratification.
I ordered the mindshare ppc book from amazon just now too.

-Chuck